Re: [DMCForum] Vauxhall, please...

content22207 wrote:

>Isn't General Motors behind Vauxhall? Maybe when my Schwinn is out of
>service...

Yes, and the Lotus Carlton shares its gearbox with the Corvette.

>Can't really compare luxury car with economy or sports cars.

You seem to think that economy and luxury are mutually exclusive...

>7 hour
>trips to DC are like sitting in living room. My only job is to steer
>and play with the radio.

Yeah, driving on US roads is incredibly boring... I drove most of the
way from Atlanta to Knoxville and then on to Memphis last year. What an
absolute trial, with only being able to do 55 where the authorities feel
like it, no indication of speed limits ending, and the terror of cruise
control all around me.

>Speaking of 7 hour trips, have travelled your fine country from Exeter
>to Inverness. All this talk about 80 mph sounds good on paper, but
>when I plan a trip budget driving time at 35 mph average. No joke.

It really depends on the time of day. I've done Bradford to Kent in 3
hours flat, and that's 280 miles

> Have also discovered term "A Road" is highly
>relative. You guys will pave a cow path and call it an A road if
>there's nothing better close by just to make the residents feel like
>they've got something.

Yeah, this has lead sytstems called suspension, braking and steering
being developed on cars used in Britain :-) Ask anyone over here what
driving in the US is like and the word "boring" would probably account
for most people! What amused me slightly was that road you have (Dragon
something?) that's so well known for being fun to drive - you only have
to go 2 miles in any direction in England before finding some real fun
lanes.

Martin

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa