Re: [DMCForum] Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

Re: [DMCForum] Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

I guess that's the difference between the opposite sides of the pond. Over
here it seems most prize simplicity in engineering. We see things like
turbos, variable valve timing, complex computer controls, and other
trickery as last ditch efforts to make a lackluster engine into something
worthy. Most Americans figure if it needs a turbo to go fast, it wasn't
engineered very well to begin with. I guess it comes down to where you're
from :-). What all did you do to get your car to 170 hp anyways?

Louie

--- Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The love affair you guys have with rumbling V8's is almost universally
absent from Europe. The result of years of high fuel taxation over here
and in Japan has resulted in massive investment by car companies into
actually engineering their engines to get the best out of them, unlike the
american companies who merely stick a couple more cylinders on or add
bigger pistons to make the cars go faster. Give me the well engineered
whine of a turbo spooling up and launching a car forward so fast you feel
the skin on your face peeling back. My own car is up to 170bhp and boy is
it fun.

Martin

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com";
target="_blank">here!</a>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa