[DMCForum] Vacuum leaks/valve covers

>>And for anyone who thinks this is fiction vs fact, I'll tell you
how I pulled the cam access plate off of the head just below the
rocker cover to replace the gasket.<<

Sigh...I repeat: There is opinion and there is data. Measure it.
How about you put a vacuum gage on that cover? Or anywhere on the
valve cover? Then come back and tell us what you found...

Tell ya what: You believe what you wish. To all the rest out there I
offer this: (I must be crazy) You can contact me off list with
regards to any problem you're having with your car. This involves the
electrical system, fuel injection system, idle speed system,
enviornmental control system (including A/C), engine, cooling, or
anything associated with these systems. Also the transmission and
tach/governor if you have an automatic.

But before you do you'd better have the following:

1) A Bosch pressure gage setup, and know how to use it.
2) A decent multimeter, and know how to use it.
3) The service manual.
4) A vacuum gage or a hand vacuum pump kit.
5) If A/C related, a set of manifold gages or at least
a low side gage.

I'm amazed at how people spend tons of money for D crap but won't
invest a few bucks to own the tools required to work on the car,
nor bother to educate themselves in the basics. Seem most would
rather die than think. Thats my offer, otherwise free defering
to the experts who remain here for your entertainment.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupm