[DMCForum] Re: Front Caliper cross ref

Thanks guys.

Through research, I've also discovered that they are for a 6 cylinder
Capri. You have to specify that when you're asking for them. This
makes sense because they are beefier than the four cyl version and I
was certain the engineers would choose the heavier ones due to the
weight of the car.

My Pep Boys doesn't stock them and claims they can't order them. Napa
has them for $43.00 each and a complete set of pads for $22.39.

My calipers just have poor action. No matter how much I try to clean
them they still stick and it takes a while for them to let go.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> They are from a 73 Mercury Capri I believe.  Take a mounting bolt
with
> you... there is one version that has a slightly smaller hole (maybe
for a
> standard thread bolt?)  Make sure the bolt fits in the hole before
you take
> them home.
>
> http://www.projectvixen.com/week30.htm
>
> Front Caliper Cross-Reference:  Left  Right
> Raybestos: ($75 ea. lifetime warranty with pads & hardware  RC3004
RC3003
> A1 Cardone: ($34 -- Wrenchhead.com)  19-245  19-244
> Beck Arnley: ($37 -- Wrenchhead.com)   076-0035  076-0036
> Raybestos: ($43 -- Wrenchhead.com; no pads)   RWC45273   RWC45272
>
> -Dave

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178293&partid=3170658> click here