in initial set of manual circuit. In theory automatic idle system
never needs it.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> I didn't have much time to work on the car today. Too many errands
> after work.
>
> BUT, I did tinker with the fuel mixture some more. The reason I fiddle
> with this "verbotten" item so much is because I know it was grossly
> off from when I let that amatuer mechanic have it last winter.
>
> The first thing I notice and love, is that the car starts hot or cold,
> first time, every time and idles exactly on the spot.
>
> I started to give it more fuel until I noticed a change. I then
> checked the timing and RPM (throttle linkage) and reset them. I did
> this over and over until it had so much fuel that nothing I did with
> the timing and throttle linkage would smooth out the idle. Then I
> backed off on the fuel until everything smoothed out.
>
> First, I noticed that when you hit the gas, the RPM's climb quicker
> and more easily. The back firing is gone too! But I won't really know
> if I have any more power until I drive it and I can't do that until I
> replace the steering rack boot. :(
>
> Second, all this time I've noticed that my engine gets HOT. So hot
> that when it warms up the radiant heat drove me out and I couldn't
> work in there for more than a couple of minutes at a time. The gauge
> always stayed in specs though.
>
> Today, I was able to work in the engine compartment as long as I
> wanted and I wasn't driven away. The gauge read the same but I know
> this isn't my imagination. I was able to sense the difference in
> radiated heat because Mike Cohee's car runs nice and cool and I was
> helping him the other night.
>
> Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just mental?
>
> Rich

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=567144668>