[DMCForum] Pop!......WTF was that!?!?!

This, boys and girls is -why- we test drive.

So, now I'm feeling cocky, running loops around the block. I've
discovered that I'm running the car way too lean, so I'm slowly
upping the CO screw and double-checking the timing, and readjusting
the throttle linkage to give the engine more fuel, while keeping the
idle sane. I've even got things to the point where if I pull my golf
tee out of the CO hole the car really stumbles. This tells me the
bulk of my vac leaks are fixed. I still don't quite have full power
though....

I'm on the fourth of fifth run around a 2 mi. "track" and I hear POP
and feel something impact the floor pan directly at my left foot. I'm
thinking "The wheel's coming off. I'm dead". But nothing happens!

I get home, and the rubber boot on the driver's side of the steering
rack has burst free. All the gear oil runs into my hands.

Ok. I can deal with that. I guess it could have been worse. :)

John H.: Do you sell these? Didn't see 'em on your website.

Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3705203.4965331.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here