Re: AW: [DMCForum] Throttle

oh crap.  I effectively added nothing just then.

Here's something ELSE-   I bought some special cable for my bike that was
pretty cool, though I don't know where and in what lengths it was
available.  The cable is wound from many other finer wires, right?  well
this cable had different shaped fine wires in it.  Some wires were round,
others closer to triangular.  When put together, it was almost circular
and very smooth, unlike a "lumpy" regular cable.

That might help if you are really adventurous.

Jim

You should also lightly grease the cable, as the inside may rust if it
gets wet, making it stick.

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:59:12 +0200 "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxxxx>
writes:
> I replaced the cable twice, I lubed it with thin oil, finally I
> replaced the tube / hose, thought it may be too short (a 1:1 copy
> of the original) and made it longer, everything at the motor is
> going
> very softly.
> What I guess what the problem might be is the hose near the peddal
> wher
> it makes this U to change the direction.
> It is pretty complicated to replace the whole shit as you can't
> really
> see where it should pass trough.
>
> Is there any spray that would make it go softer ?
> Something like a Bat-anti-shark-spray ?
>
> Elvis
>

> Did you just pull a new cable through the old chase / tube?
>
> Is the throttle linkage at the engine moving smooth and free of any
> obstructions?
>
> Is the peddle pivot point clean?
>

> Andrei

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!