[DMCForum] Re: Upside down oil...congrats!

[DMCForum] Re: Upside down oil...congrats!

Speaking of help, I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions
and putting up with my clogging the list.

I especially want to thank all the people that I've never even met
who said "Don't give up". (Yes you, Dave)

Believe me Mike, the first thing I said to myself was "Now that that
is done, I better tell Mike to get over here with his paint and bag
of tricks"

Also, I want your help looking at the speedometer. I think I'm one of
the few people whose odometer is very close to right, and I want to
keep it that way. (Unless the guy lied when he wrote it down on the
title). Bill I did follow that you had repaired your angle drive.
Pictures and parts numbers would be great.

Thanks again everyone.

Rich
#5335 alive.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcmike2002" <mcohee@xxxx> wrote:
> Way to go Rich!!!! ...I think in the end we all learned a lesson in
> troubleshooting...you said all along it felt tight and squealed a
> little when it tried to run....Like Dave said, the car was telling
> you and you listened...I now hear my car better then i hear my wife
> :-) In the DMC triangle of fuel, air and spark we must now make
room
> for oil. We'll call it the four food groups for engine health. Here
> you spent months in the middle east and the problem was literally
> under your feet then :-) Oil pressure is something I never really
> understood on this car because my needle pegs almost instantly and
> have the correct sender.
>
> great job...I must say in 2 years of reading the DML and Forum I
have
> never seen an owner receive so much help and support. You have
earned
> your stripes and I see alot of owners now coming to you for engine
> answers as you have boldly gone where very few have been....
>
> Based on the quote from your post which i will paste below, I feel
> sorry for those vacuum leaks :-)
>
> > "Then I'll hunt down the others..."
>
> Now I can step in and help you with all those cosmetics....I wish I
> could have helped more. The only assistance I could offer is that
as
> you and I discussed each symptom on the phone I kept saying "that
may
> be a problem but it should not prevent your car from starting"....
> Next is to get it over to columbia so we can clean it up in my
> garage....
>
> Oh and by the way, my car has this little thing that it does when
it
> idles that I would like you to look at :-)
>
> Mike C
> 2109

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6