[DMCForum] Re: tone L.O.C.

Jim,

Thanks for helping square me away on the oil pump issue. I was
starting to get concerned.

I did find the real numbers in the Volvo manual the I borrowed from
Mike Cohee.

114-156 psi while HOT, and a cranking rpm of 250-300, throttle wide
open.

I believe that your compression gets better as things heat up and
seal up. If that's true then I should have adequate compression.

Consider this;

I think I'm making half the cranking rpm's specified and the engine
is cold, so if I were able to speed up the engine and had it warm I
would probably meet or exceed 114 psi.

Someone also suggested a "leak down test". Wouldn't the fact that I
left the gauge hooked up to the cylinder and saw no drop in pressure
satisfy this? I stood around for about 10 minutes wondering what to
do next, and there was no drop in pressure.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>

<dave.stragand@xxxx>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17

126215:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
> > bin/hi
> > > t?page=1374-105951838331032> click here
> > >
> > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> > M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egrou
> > > pmail/S=:HM/A=1695348/rand=572346768>

> > Service

> Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

click here