RE: [DMCForum] paint stripper...

>It never occurred to me that you would media blast the panels while on
the
>car.  I wouldn't.  I would just put the paint stripper on wholesale and
let
>it do all the work.  Any residue should come off when you regrain.

No, I will be removing all of the panels.  Most are damaged anyway.  I
will
take the passenger door to the media blaster and see how that turns out as
test before doing the others.

>I don't know if there would be an issue with strippers attacking the
rubber
>around the door glass, though.  But rubber is fairly inert to blasting.
The
>rubber bead pulls out, BTW.  I had a section of mine come loose while I
was
>replacing the window frame.  I glued it back in with black silicone --
>probably not the best approach, but it worked.

Aircraft Stripper will dissolve the rubber, plastic, and fiberglass into
goo
posthaste, much like your skin.  As far as gluing the glass back in, I
have
used black silicone successfully, but also the windshield/windscreen stuff
talked with you about.

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1652964/R=0/SIG=11t2ts2ch/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6