RE: [DMCForum] paint stripper...

>> The rest of the body panels I am considering having
>> media blasted.
>
>I did this on an old Chevy and the results were a disaster.  Once I got a
>gloss coat of paint on the car, I could see it was covered with little
dents
>everywhere.  Well, I can't say which was more responsible for the damage
--
>my sandblasting or pushing too hard with a DA sander.
>
>You will probably need to buy a wheel/flapper to refinish the car anyway.
>By the time you get the grain straight, you will have removed any paint
that
>a stripper would leave behind.  I would avoid the media blasting.
>
>Walt

I wouldn't be using sand as the media though.  There are some media that
will allow you to strip paint off fiberglass with damaging the underlying
'glass.  I will probably take the door, since it is scrap anyway, and see
how that turns out before having it done on any other panels.

Besides, with media blasting, there are less worries about removing
plastic
trim, and the glue that holds the glass in; just tape it off.  If it all
works out then the bonus is no messy clean up from the Aircraft
stripper...and no core samples.

The entire car will have to be re-grained anyway.

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=1245der9k/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=345289127>