From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] cat bypass pipe ...was: Oh hell, not this again

> I need to get away from this damn computer!  Okay, one more thing about
> heating studs.  Heating them with propane wasn't enough.  The moment I
took
> the flame away, I could touch the block with my finger, and it was cold!
> That aluminum alloy is a fantastic conductor of heat.  I ended up using
> oxy-acetylene until the studs glowed red.  The ones that weren't broke I
had
> double nutted and shook them with a small pneumatic wrench until they
came
> off.  Don't gasp now -- this wrench isn't near strong enough to break a
stud
> on its own.  The broken studs I grabbed with a cam style stud remover,
but
> it was a big clunky one that didn't have enough clearance on the upper
> studs.  Next time I'm buying a thin socket style stud remover.
>
> Also I will consider running the engine with the manifolds off to warm
it
> up.  Maybe this would expand things enough so that freezing the studs
with
> electrician's component cooler would make a difference.  I prefer using
> refrigerant over fire any day -- if it would work.
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12ongbbsq/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3179269?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=440316387>