Re: [DMCForum] bad fuel pump relay?

On 23-06-2003 19:15, erikgeerdink wrote:

> OK, this one is weird. I decided to take the D to work today.
> It wouldn't start though.  It cranked just fine, but no start.
> I figured it was a bad fuel pump relay.  Since I have a couple of
> them I figured I would fix it at lunch.  So, i get to the D at
> lunch today and it starts right up without me replacing anything.
[snip]
> SO, intermitent bad relay? bad fuel pump?
> I don't remember hearing a buzzing when I first turned the key
> this morning, but i've had that before and it starts up no problem.
[snip]
> Any ideas?

I'd suspect the little relay inside the RPM-relay...
Mine didt about the same and soemtimes WOULD start when I slammed
the wooden board over the fuses and relays while starting (took
some cortosionism :-) I eventually wound up replacing the internal
relay with an external one, fed by thge internal electronics.
<http://members.home.nl/delorean/rpm/>
If you have (a) spare(s) leave it at that,
keep one extra in the car for a while...

What happened on mine was that teh coil didn't produce enough force
to get the contacts near, if they were near, it WOULD keep them closed...
I guess that's just "normal" wear over twenty plus years of (non)use :-S

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor