Re: [DMCForum] RE:Body GAP

Hi Ken,

The first 500 cars made, VIN 500 through 1000, had slightly larger doors
(front to back).  After this they made the doors a little smaller to make
more room for variations.  I hear that there are 3 door variations in all,
but don't know what VINs they span.

Your description isn't clear about which part of which door you are
talking
about.  If the front corner of the door is lower than the rear corner as
it
closes, this indicates that outermost bolt on the front hinge (on the
door,
not the roof) has come loose or slipped.  It is not possible to put it
back
where it belongs without first releasing the torsion bar.

Walt