Re: [DMCForum] SAAB 9000T in a D?

I am looking at replacing the PRV with the saab engine and leave the
Delorean transaxel alone or maybe replace it with an extra porsche 944
5-speed that I have.

As the engine sits in the saab the distributor is directly over the bell
housing. It sticks out about 8" from the valve cover wich would put it
well
within the cabin of the DeLorean.  That is why I was asking if anyone knew
what it was connected to.  If it is simply indexed off the cam, I could
more
than likely machine some adapter to relocate it to the other side of the
engine.  But if its running off the timing chane or some other component
that provides a greater challange.

I could always go with a distributerless system that runs off a crank
sensor
but where is the fun in that?

Once I get the car I will post some picts and take some dimensions to see
if
it is even worth considering such a swap.

Andrei