Re: [DMCForum] SAAB 9000T in a D?

Do you mean that you're going to take the distributor off the Saab engine
and move it?

I think there are a lot of other questions you need to ask yourself (or
explain to us) first...  Are you going to fit the engine in the D
transversely?  If so, what transmission are you going to use?  Given the
location of the engine cradle, I think that you would have to move the
"firewall" (front of D engine bay).  If you are using the stock
transmission, you obviously have to rotate the engine 90 degrees.  In
this case, make sure that the engine turns the right direction, lest you
have to take apart the transmission.

Jim

PS.  Do not move the distributor.  You might be able to get a crank/cam
angle sensor that works with an afterstock spark system...

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:49:36 -0500 "Andrei Cular"
<acular@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have the oppertunity to pick up 1988 saab 9000T with a fresh
> rebuilt
> engine for a really really good price.  The body is not in the best
> shape
> and the tranny is DOA.  The engine is mounted transversly since it
> is a FWD
> car.
>
> Does anyone know if I can remove the distributor from what would be
> the rear
> of the eingine (part that goes against the firewall in the D) and
> move it to
> the front? With out taking it appart I would say that it is indexed
> into one
> of the cam's but that is just a guess.
>
> The engine is a turbo charged 2L inline 4cyl that in stock form
> produces
> around 200hp.  I have seen some of these engines running 250-300hp
> as daily
> drivers with over 100k miles.
>

> Andrei

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM