Re: [DMCForum] Re: ac mode switch question

Re: [DMCForum] Re: ac mode switch question

Hi John - replies inserted

"John Dore " wrote:

> On another note, do you have trouble finding oil filters in England?

Nope - I get mine serviced at the diesel centre and they just pulled one
off
the shelf from a local supplier. Price is about a fiver. I'm sure they'd
drop
one in the post for you if you're really stuck - www.dieselcentre.com

> I spent a few hours searching for one today but no luck, I even had
> the box of my last one with me, a purflux...

Initially when my car arrived they gave it some wierd small white one, but
they got me a purflux this time.

> And another question for you, have you ever found a cross reference
> for the door seals over here in Europe?

We _did_ have one from East Kent Trim, but they've run out. Paul Salsbury
has
a supply at about £12 per side, but the seams on the clip bit looks
different.

> I'm looking for the big one
> that goes all around the door and also the thin one that covers the
> screws to remove the T-panel and windshield bezel...

There's one you can get from Woolies which looks a bit different until you
stick it to the car, then you wouldn't know it without looking closely.
http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ and the code is in the DOC-UK archive
somewhere.

> And just one more question!!!
> Do you know of anybody anywhere in Ireland who has performed a
> torsion bar adjustment? I need to do this to my car... I would even
> get the boat to England for a weekend to get it done, any excuse to
> drive the car...so who in England could do it, do you think?

Um... Me, Mark Bourne, Paul Salsbury, the Diesel Centre.... In fact  a few
of
us are having a get-together at Steven Strelczak's in Bath at the end of
Jan
- thet's not too far from Fishguard if you catch the ferry over. So far
we've
got about 5 cars coming. We're having a fascia-painting session and
general
party thang at Steve's rather nice house (mansion). Interested?

Martin