[doc] Re: Leather Seat Care

Mike.

This is one of the 'does what it says on the packet' products. I have
used them on my car. On my first use the cleaner product *seemed* to
cause a very slight amount of fading to my black seats, it lifted a
fair amount of muck and dirt so that may just have been my impression.

Used correctly it removed nearly all of the minor cracks and made the
leather feel much softer. I tend to reapply the conditioner once
every 3 months. Short of replacing the skins, the effect is as good
as it gets.

Three quick points:

You must follow the instructions, several light coats seems to work
best,I have been using it for >2years and have more than half left.

It does 'restore the smell of fine leather'. This is a matter of
personal taste, but can be overpowering if you apply too much.

If I remember correctly, the club bought a load of this,try speaking
to Dave Howarth and buy from him if possible.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19/19a : 'Boeing' : #0737

Anyone have any comments about the Gliptone Liquid leather products
advertised in the back of Classic & Throughbread Sports car magazine?

http://www.liquidleather.com/_ (http://www.liquidleather.com/)

Mike Pack

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk