French fixed

Thanks to Nick Tomlinson and boot full of diagnostic equipment, I am pleased
to report that Frenchy is now running beautifully!

I fitted the new engine, clutch, fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel pump, rubber
donut, filter, exhaust system, cat bypass pipe, new alloy water hoses, etc
etc. Weeks ago, and got it running, but not properly or ticking over.

Thanks to 4 hours of joint efforts (mainly Nicks) this afternoon, the
following faults were identified and corrected:-

Full throttle fuel enrichment switch wires re- fitted.
Freed off stuck idle speed control vale.
Swapped over fuel/ lambda relays, previously incorrectly fitted.
Throttle plate and linkage needed re-setting.
Idle speed switch needed re-setting
Solenoid valve / vac advance incorrectly fitted.
Fuel pump relay missing completely ( replaced from stock)
Faulty wiring on the O2 sensor to ECU.
Oxygen sensor found to be faulty
Fuel distributor out of adjustment (set up using exhaust gas analyser) No
cat fitted.
Blanking bung missing from above.
All engine management components and wiring tested and repaired where
necessary.
Brass screw needed re-seating near throttle plates.

After all this little lot, she started first turn, and has been all set up.
The engine sounds lovely and smooth and quiet.

I will now re-assemble the rear end and get it Mot'd some time after
Christmas.

Thanks Nick

Chris Parnham