K&N air Filters

Hi Ian (and all)

There've been numerous discussions on the benefits of K&N filters on the DML in the past and some testing was done - the most important results being the following:

1) a K&N is no more free-flowing than a brand new standard element (£10.89 on our shelf) and considerably more expensive - ie you may as well just replace the standard one more often.
2) A dyno-test run on a delorean with stock air box and filter, and then with no box or filter at all showed a 1hp gain.

It's interesting you've found one that fits perfectly though - the Mid State delorean club have offered a K&N filter and adapter kit for some time now - the element being a smidge too small.

http://www.midstatedmc.com/parts/k-n.html

Strange they manage to add 2hp more by adding this filter.

Best Wishes

Martin