Re: Mileage and LPG-conversions

Claire wrote:

> When you're used to getting 50mpg out of your daily driver,
> enjoying your DeLorean but only getting 20mpg can take the
> fun out of it as you watch the fuel gauge go down!

That's why I have a daily driver that uses SLIGHTLY less fuel per mile ;-)

My DeLorean runs about 20mpg too (8,5km/l or 1:8,5 as I'm used to use)
while I get a MAXIMUM of 30mpg (1:13) out of my Nissan 100NX, but more
typical usage is 22mpg (1:9,5) :-)

I don't think you'd be able to properly fit an LPG system into a DeLorean,
first you'd have trouble finding a spot to stick the tank, I don't think
you can fit any reasonable size "ring tank" where the spare lives and
I wouldn't fancy having a tank behind me on the parcel shelf...

And I don't knwo how it works in the UK, but over here you pay MORE
taxes because of your LPG system and meanwhile they're trying to
phase out LPG filling stations as much as possible...

And on a side note, last friday I heard on the radio that yet another
big group of car manuafacturers is discontinuing fitment of LPG systems
on ther cars from the factory. Reasons are poor running of modern
cars on LPG and only 1.5% of last years sales being with LPG on board...

I'll just stick to 95 octane unleade for now,
fueling up in Belgium (4 miles down the road) saves me about
EUR.0,13 per liter allready, with prices in the Neatherlands
floating around EUR.1,14.

Last time I was in the UK (this summer) I was surprised to find
that the UK fuel prices were LOWER than on the main land!

Cheers,

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000