The very last chance for 2003

Hello all,

This is the last time I will be online until after Santa Pod. If you need
any further details call me on my mobile 07739 634554. You will need your
driving license and your MOT certificate if you wish to run the strip.
Claire sent out comprehensive directions in DOC 1039 message 5. I will be
heading down from Nottingham at 7.15am with a view of arriving at Santa Pod
at around 8.45am just before registration arrives.

At the last call we have:-
myself and vin5255 or 'Ari' if we have to give names (Arizona was where mine
originally came from)
Martin and 'Lex'
Claire, Dave and 'Flopsy'
A few other non DeLorean's also.

It is not too late, just turn up on the day. This is the very last 'Run
what you've brung' day for 2003. I will have a professional suction bracket
mount (as used on CH4's Driven)
http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting%20Brackets.htm (chose the SM1 although
doubt it will attach to lightly brushed Stainless Steel) with the camcorder
mounted on the outside of the car to capture some unusually viewed footage.
Sourced viewpoints will utilise the inside of the rear window and in other
test runs inside and outside of the windscreen and door glass.

To clarify for the final time in detail:-

Sunday 2nd November for Santa Pod. As I said in Digest 1016 no booking is
required as Santa Pod has allocated the DOC club a suitable area off from
the strip to show up to 10 cars. So those who want to show but not race are
just as welcome.

As it turns out I will be travelling down from Nottingham early on the
Sunday morning to arrive there by 9am. As I want to take my car on the
strip I need to be there by 9am as once the 220 slots go that is it for this
year!!!! It should be quite a packed event being the last one of the year.

If you are planning to sign in and use the strip to find out how fast your
car (any car can go on the strip be it a Fiesta 1.1, Nissan Skyline or even
a Lamborghini Diablo. Cars fall into classes so that the race will be
close) you must remember your DRIVING LICENCE & MOT certificate. If your
car is faster than a DeLorean and possibly doing over 100mph at the end of
the quarter mile you will need to bring a crash helmet. The DeLorean's
won't top 90mph before they cross the line...

The dragstrip can be dried by a dryer if damp but constant rain will mean a
'non starter' - sorry, could not resist that one!

Showing your licence at the signing in time 9am-10am is the only way to
guarantee a slot. If you turn up late and all 220 slots have been filled
then spectating will be the only option. It is the last one of the year so
could be very busy. I suggest we all meet at 9am (doors open at 8am) so
that all of those who want to drive on the strip all get a slot. Contact me
on 07739 634554 in regard to convoys, this will mean an excellent entrance
if we can all arrive together.

Spectators are more than welcome, there are comfy grandstands on either side
of the strip for a great view (see www.santapod.com for pictures and
location details).

See you on Sunday.

Chris Hawes