RE: [doc] Magazine valuations

Claire,

I have tried , believe me, if you also look at "spares availability" you
will be that a DeLorean usually score one out of 4 possible stars,
ridicules! You can buy almost every past with very little trouble.

Regarding prices, most guides relay on a largish quantity of cars sold at
Auction . As we all know, Deloreans ( take the Exeter one, or my Backy) all
failed to sell. Why? Because unless there are a couple of keen buyers
there, then there is no "trade" to buy them up. Two have sold well in the UK
on eBay where ( this spring) there is a large pool of potential buyers.

With say, an E type Jag, the values can be calculated to a fairly fine
degree for any given model / condition. But with Deloreans good one's seldom
get as far as the open market before we snap em up.

It does work in our favour, occasionally when some "non-club" member
suddenly decides to sell his personal import, he sells it cheap and one of
you picks up a real bargain.

What did Quinten Willson say? Club members, "talking up prices"! Well, what
can I say, he should know, being a seller of dodgy second hand cars.

Anon.