From: Phil Peters [mailto:PhilPeters@xxxx]
Sent: 04 September 2003 02:14
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Heat Shield

Hi everyone,

I want to replace the big heat shield that goes between the silencer/muffler and the engine pulleys but I have a coule of questions:

As far as I know, the original heat shield was made out of asbesdos. Has anyone out there bought a replacement original part from a DMC vendor or is there a better (and less asbesdossy) option? I seem to remember Dave Woodyard and myself laughing at Mark Bourne making 'nob jokes' with a cardboard template of said heat shield at the NEC last November. I could use my existing shield as a template but what material would be best to use to make the new shield? Stainless maybe?

All thoughts appreciated.
--
Phil Peters

VIN #4400 LHJ 58W

DOC #84

Wolverhampton, UK

Mariner 10 is the only space probe to fly past which planet, sending back pictures showing it to resembling the Earth's moon?
Find out at postmaster.co.uk

http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=212

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk