Re: [doc] DMUK

We can do a stock engine with 200+hp for less than the DMCH engine. That still has the lambda system, hence a lean mixture. The 170hp conversion is very easy and extremely inexpensive for what amounts to a completely different engine. You can tune the engine with different cams and gas flowed heads to over 200 as we are not restricted by the same emissions laws as the US.

I bought a car with no engine and to have one built has cost me over £2000 but it will be a show engine, perfect in every detail, inside and out. Better than brand new basically. You can pick up a Volvo B28e engine for peanuts, which is internally identical to the DeLorean engine.

Martin

Thomas Mc Auley wrote:

£10,000 is a bit much for me. I was thinking that I would like to keep it close to original...with some changes. I was looking at the engine DMC houston sell with 197hp. It is about £4,300.

Is it worth it to get a non-runner De Lorean, with or without engine, then buying that engine and installing it? I have seen non-runners on ebay for around £2,000.

Sorry for all the questions Martin, but this may save me lots of money.

Thanks again