Door trim

Hi everyone,
Sounds like Gaydon was a hoot, as usual. Sadly couldn't
be there as I was creating "rock history" in a recording studio in
Hemel.

After much investigation and frustration, my stuck door problem on
#4400 amounts to the fact that the front latch won't unlock/open.
Possibly component failure/metal fatigue, don't know yet. Door locks
themselves are operating fine and dandy, it's just the latch itslf
that's causing problems. Tried moving all the relevant rods but to no
avail.

Does anyone know if the lower interior door trim/armrest is removable
while the door is shut? I need to get this piece off to try and "get
into the door" to mess with the front latch.

Cheers,
Phil Peters & LHJ"no entry"58W

p.s. I now reckon the DMC-12 would be almost impossible to steal.
Once those doors latch, they really do hold fast!!