Re: [doc] Re: 'Zilla Products

Hi John,

The original design for the Fan Fail light was to tell you if the fans have failed. In the factory recommended recall, you remove the device that does this, and a lot of people (myself included) have wired the light up to come on when the fans are on - John incorporated this into his fan fix. The Fan Zilla actually lights the light when something is wrong, as originally intended. In our design, the light flashes when the fans power up, and only stays on if somethign is wrong. I think this is a nice compromise :-)

BTW if you still have the Ducellier alternator (as should be the case with your mileage), you will need to change it - I have one too and with the cooling fans on, dropping to idle always results in the radio cutting out. It's even worse with the headlights on!

Martin

jchapelhow wrote:

The fan fail 2x2 mod acts in a similar way to the FanZilla, but it also has a direct feed from the battery which eliminates all voltage drops and bypasses the existing circuit breakers. Like the FanZilla it triggers the fan-fail light