Re: [doc] 'Zilla Products

Hi Jan, John & Martin,

Thanks for the info on 'Zilla Products^^
By the way, does anyone in the club have neon lighting
fitted at the bottom of their DeLoreans?? Is this
allowed under the UK regulation?? I saw some owners in
the Japan DOC who did that and the DeLorean gives a
heavy "2 fast 2 furious" feeling!! If Chrispy had
these neon lighting installed on Backy, it will
definately make her look much more like the car used
in the film!!

John Tien
[286]

P.S For those who are interested in BMW and car
chases... visit www.bmwfilms.com and you will get very
excited seeing all those very well filmed short
movies!!

--- Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
wrote:
---------------------------------
Hi John

The Zilla products are very strong and will work for
years. They are
plug'n'play and the FanZilla at any rate is an elegant
solution to the
problems inherant in the original wiring. Here's a bit
on each:

1) TankZilla. For years, over priced. Based on a Saab
tank sender that's
machined to fit the hole, the electronics make it work
the DeLorean's
guage correctly. Only since DMCH brought out their
sender has the price
come down. I have two of DMCH's and I'm happy with its
simplicity.

2) FanZilla. This powers up the fans with a delay
after the AC
compressor kicks in to avoid the "kick" from the
engine. It also
restores the "fan fail" light to let you know if your
fan(s) is/are not
working. Apparently this does not work if the fans go
open-circuit.
Something that happenned to me in Bath (and others I
have since read)
and would also happen if you drove over something
which yanked the wires
out. This is a bit of an oversight if you ask me!

3) LockZilla. This replaces the factory lock module
which was badly
designed and made. Utterly overpriced for what it it,
the electronics
are simple, and the original module can be
re-engineered to be reliable
for under £10. All IMO!

I have a design for an equivalent of the FanZilla - my
friend Joe will
be building them. He also takes on our work with the
car's other
electrical issues, eg re-winding lock solenoids,
repairing idlespeed
computer... and so on.

Hope this answers your question

Martin

John Tien wrote:

>Dear List,
>
>Just out of interest... when you buy a DeLorean, is
it
>necessary to put on most of those 'Zilla Products
such
>as the LockZilla, FanZilla, TankZilla...etc to make
>sure that the DeLorean is more reliable for daily
>use?? And what's the most important thing to change
>when you just bought a DeLorean?? The coolant bottle,
>the alternator and/ or what else??
>
>Thanks,
>John Tien
>[286]