Re: [doc] steering joints and cats!!

With regard to the emissions test at Mot time, the Delorean was made before 1986 which means that as long as its not producing visible smoke from the exhaust, the CO (carbon monoxide) is less than 4.5% by volume and the HC (hydro-carbons) is less than 1200 ppm (parts per million) by volume then you should get a pass regardless with it having a CAT as OEM. You cant remove a cat for post 1992 vehicles.

You can remove the guts, depending if the innards was made with a stainless or ceramic monolith. If its ceramic knock it out with a hammer and drift but its probably easier and better gas-flow if you get a straight through bypass pipe.

If the guts has gone in the silencer then you will either have to get a new one or cut open the old one and replace the silencing wadding. I know you can buy replacement wadding for sports exhausts from Demon tweaks. You just need to open the old up, get the crap out and re-weld it back up (with stainless steel mig wire for example.

Nick.

Alan Hammond <vin569@xxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Chrispy: I wouldn`t have got the new shaft from DMCH as MXI`s shaft was fine, only the joints needed recon... if the shaft was bad I would have got a new one from DMCH though.

Oh I just wondered if you had anything done to to your car that had the cat removed, Ive just found half of MXI`s cat in the silenser, I was thinking about removing the guts of the cat* and just wondered if the car will run OK and pass the MOT emissions test

*removing the guts of the catalyst that is, for you cat lovers out there!!!

Chris: the name of the firm is Scholar engineering

My uncle knows the engineering firm very well, he got me the good price. they can build engines and recon UJ`s as well as lot of other jobs...

Alan and MXI 4811 (exhaust-less at the moment)

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk