Petrol Tank

I've just removed French's petrol tank. It looked a bit dirty in there, but
I'm surprised by the dried black crappy gunk completely covering the filter
and other internal parts, that was floating around in the old petrol.

I would strongly recommend that any one buying a car that has stood a long
time and is not running, spend £50 on a new tank. Its not worth taking the
chance of leaving any muck in the fuel system.

Incidentally all the bolts came straight out, no trouble. This is without
doubt a 25K mile car. It has cleaned up like new underneath, with only the
anti-roll bar requiring re black painting.

After 40 years of working on "Classic cars", I now remember what it is I
like about DeLorean's.....they are made to last, out of materials that don't
generally deteriorate. When you first start poking about under your average
20 odd year old car, you are deciding which bits can be left in place and
which bits need cutting out and re-welding in! With a DeLorean, its out
with the cleaning fluids and polish and how much time should I spend
polishing under here? Well at least it is with all the DeLorean's I've
owned.

The stainless is completely dent free, the wheels have cleaned up like new,
the rear tyres have cracked and will be replaced.

Some nut shells and bits of nest building material fell out as I removed the
tank...I think it was a mouse that had taken up residence under the gear
lever!

Chris P