Re: [doc] TAB Question

Hi Walt

I will be changing Stuart's TABs tomorrow for some of our upgraded ones. Imperial sockets aren't that difficult to come by - you tend to be able to buy sets with commonly used metric and imperial sockets.

However I think Stuart knows the difference between and allen key and a 12-point bolt :-) Now I have a set of metric allen keys in both 3/8" and 1/2" drive... I hope it's not some wierd american imperial bolt :-)

Martin

Walter Coe wrote:

Hi Stuart,

I think the allen key fitment you are referring to is really called a 12
point head -- that is if what you have is a Toby-TAB. If you look closely
on the head you will see "Toby $ TAB" engraved on the head.

Probably the only problem with a Toby-TAB in the Europe is finding tools to
fit it. The size tool you need to fit it is based on the inch system, so
common metric stuff won't fit. And even if you do have something that fits,
good luck getting it in there if an automatic transmission is in the way!

Walt Tampa, Florida