Re: [doc] More Cooling Problems

> However I cannot drive for more than a couple of miles without the
temperature passing quickly into the red.

Removing the radiator is a lot of trouble, and it would be unfortunate to do this only to find that your problem is elsewhere. I suggest first removing the thermostat and boiling it in a pot of water with a thermometer to verify if it is opening at the rated temperature.

Another thing to consider, however rare, is that the water pump impeller could have come loose and is spinning on the shaft. Also check that the coolant hoses/pipes aren't crushed or kinked.

Did the car aquire this problem suddenly? A radiator isn't going to clog overnight.

Walt Tampa, Florida