From: Nick Tomlinson [mailto:nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx]
Sent: 24 April 2003 15:13
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Air conditioning......re-gassing query...(must get done
before summer!!!!!)

To All, my air-con feels a bit warm at the moment so I am assuming the gas
maybe a bit low. I have done the basics and checked that the belt is tight
(was loose) and that there is 12v on the clutch line when the air-con is
selected at the console. The clutch does engage. I haven't had chance yet to
give the car a blast in case the refrigerant just needs a good spurt.
Has anyone had any problems getting R12 systems regassed? How much does it
usually cost?
Has anyone had the refrigerant changed to R134a and what o-rings/ pipes had
to be changed etc with what benefits cost etc...
Can someone verify if the fan switch is manually off and the air-con on,
does the fan automatically cycle to blast cold air into the cabin or does
the air-com stay off cycling with the pressure switch. I have the workshop
manual but the working isn't that clear to me (not an electrical diagram you
see !)
Thanks all in advance,
Nick. PMT250X.
ps My nokia now has a nice Delorean screen saver on my 3310 thanks to Liam.

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk