From: Mike Sumner <delorean_mike@xxxx>
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] ROOM 501 FILMING
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:05:37 +0000 (GMT)

Just a quick question. I haven't been able to check my messages very often recently, and this is the first I've heard of the "Top Gear" thing.
I was wibndering if anyne could tell me that date of this Jezza Clarkson thing, and then, provided the place isn't too crowded, I could make an appearance.
Regards,
Mike Sumner. (178)
Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxx> wrote:Guys,
As luck would have it, I live just outside of Wolverhampton, under 10 miles away from the proposed filming location!! Given that the film crew wants us to get to the Trading Estate for filming by about 9am, it's going to mean a LOT of early morning starts for many of our club members who will have to travel many hundreds of miles for the event (I'm thinking in particular of "our southerners" Dan, Martin, Claire and Dave, Paul and Mel, etc.) As a result, some members might find their enjoyment of the day hindered by tiredness after an early start and many hours of driving.

So this is what I would propose to anyone who is interested:
Club members can drive to my place (which is very easy to get to from the motorway) where we can have a meet up and/or scenic drive around the area on the Saturday afternoon / evening. There is also a nice pub at the bottom of my drive which has a restaurant so we could perhaps get some food and beers there in the evening before staggering back up to the house. Then on Saturday morning we can convoy into Wolverhampton to get to the filming location for the 9am deadline. I'm sure that the local newspaper (whose office is based about 5 mins from our filming location) would be interested in running a story on the event to promote the club and our cars.
My house is set way back from the road so there should be no worries about security and we have plenty of parking space (but my D still gets the garage!)

I must stress that these ideas are just off the top of my head, but with a bit of coordination and working out of numbers involved I can start making some more concrete plans. If whoever in the DOC is doing the main co-ordinating with the film crew (Chrispy?) can drop me an e-mail or give me a call then we could get the ball rolling with this a.s.a.p. If anyone is interested, feel free to drop me an e-mail or give me a call (details at the end of this e-mail) so I can begin to get an idea of numbers. I think it could be great two-day event and after all the positive things I heard about Stephen's Bath meet-up would love to "do my bit" to promote club cameraderie!

Looking forward to hearing from people!

Phil Peters
VIN #4400 LHJ 58W
DOC #84
Wolverhampton

e-mail: philpeters@xxxx
phone: 01902 893387
mobile: 07760 214546
--
In which American state is Cape Canaveral, a launching site for space travel?
Find out at postmaster.co.uk

http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=178

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk