501... Your club needs YOU!

Okay, for those a little interested in the whole "501" thing...

On Sunday, while at Stephen's place we were approached by a group of
third year film students about a project they are working on called
501. As you can probably tell this about John DeLorean and what
happened 22 odd years ago.

This is a short film (approx 12-15 minutes) and one scene they are
trying to recreate will be the end of the production line or the
"packing" phase as they called it.

Basically they are going to mock up the line in a warehouse somewhere
in the Midlands and require as many DeLoreans as possible for the day.

What they propose to us is that we use the day as a meet - get as many
cars as possible together and do what we normally do. A few hours
would be used to film the cars (all on BBC equipment - or at least the
same quality - Super16mm) then we'd pop nearby to another warehouse
(that they have arranged) where we'd have free run. Tea, coffee etc
would be available too and -hopefully- somewhere to run the cars. That
way they'd get what they want (a few minutes of film) and we'd get a
weekend meet out of it.

There is even the possiblity (read: possibility) that we could get
some professional shots of our cars too - on a digital format - for
our own use.

Also, they'd need extras - background workers etc for a couple of
scenes.

They're trying to make this as authentic as possible at zero cost to
us (it's a University project) and enabling us to meet up. Since we
have no offical meet this year - why not! I think the worst thing we'd
have to do to the cars would be removing number plates (kinda obvious
that).

That's basically the lot. They did mention the use of ONE car at a
separate event (Surrey) for two scenes. This would be John's personal
car for those scenes - but that's a topic for separate discussion.

Dates are AROUND the 3rd - 13th May and are obviously aiming for a
weekend.

They are local to me and as such I will try to keep in contact we them
about this.

Also, I think they've already contacted you Chrispy?

I'd like to take advantage of an event we could all get to - and to
get some professional shots too would be good!

So a show of hands eh?

Dan

Vin#5284

PS: A website is going to be put up with all the production notes very
soon - but I have a hard copy they gave me (and the others in Bath).

PPS: PHEW.... :oP