Re: [doc] RE: AC Panel

On 01-02-2003 16:17, delorean wrote:

> I don't remember if my AC Panel lights behaves any different with the
> headlights on or not. Can someone explain?

The normal way the lights should work is FULLY on with the ignition on
and dimmed (by the red resistor in the top row of realays (closest to the
rear of the car) with the lights on.

> Ok, would anyone kindly tell me on how to do this modification.
> Jan - what relay is a better substitute? How can I modify the circuit?

There are two possibilities;
1)
Replace the relay (3rd one on the "top" row) with one with only 4 spades,
the middle one left empty. This way the lights will only come on DIMMED
when you switch on your lights.
2)
If you think tis is still too bright, put in a Resistor between the top
contact and the one on the left, this way the lights will be even dimmer
than usual, coming on with the lights. You'd need a resistor of 5 to 10 Ohms
and capable of handling 10 Watts. Remember to insulate the leads with heat
resistant insulation, so you won't get a fire or a short circuit...

> In Norway, it is mandatory to drive with the headlights ON be it day
> or night (this is because of better visibility spotting other cars)
> So, when I take my DeLorean out for a drive, my headlights are ON.

I allways have my lights on too, even if it's not mandatory here. I just
agree it's MUCH safer to drive with lights on, especially in our low
little grey cars; you're easily overlooked agains a grey road or grey sky!

Hope this helps, need more help, mail me privately!

Jan van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since sept 2000