Re: [doc] Sad I couldn't make it to the NEC...

Re: [doc] Sad I couldn't make it to the NEC...

Well, would you have ever got interested in the car had it not been for the
gullwing doors and stainless steel skin? I know the makers of BTTF wouldn't
have. Without these things, the car's pretty unremarkable from a purely
mechanical standpoint. Without them it'd be an underpowered Esprit with
poorer hadling but more luggage space*.

I feel I've been dug at here for modifying the car. The ONLY modifications
I've made are to put better/modern speakers in the rear which required
drilling two holed in the metal bracket (but unlike just about everyone
else, I've made the effort to mount them in the intended space with the
original fixing hardware!). Everything else, like the remote
starter/alarm/central locking came from necessity and can be pulled out
with ease. I bought Houston's DIN stereo bracket so I could avoid cutting
the dash (and my Craig was stuffed). The Neons are not permanent either and
are only an inexpensive bit of fun (and don't knock it till you've tried
it! I took the michael out of James for his.... until I saw them. NB Neons
sourced in the US are considerably better than the crappy ones you see
slung under Vauxhall Novas over here). I've also replaced my shock
abosrbers with PJ Grady's and it's made my car into a delightful motorway
cruiser with a really rewardingly smooth drive. Nothing wrong with my OEM
shocks and I still have them.

AND BEFORE YOU GO MOANING ABOUT MODIFYING YOUR DELOREAN STEVE, CONSIDER THE
"DRAINPIPE" EXHAUST TIPS ON YOURS :-P

Anyway, that's my rant out the way. Flame proof jacket installed....

Martin
* Not that this on its own makes a bad car - the esprit is pretty
exceptional