From: "mgutkowski@xxxx" <webmaster@xxxx>
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [doc] How hard is the life of a DML moderator?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:59:28 -0500

Ello all

(firstly while I think about it, Chris, when you forward a mail off the
DML, can you remove the [DML] from the subject? A lot of us filter mails
into subfolders based on this and your forward always seems to end up back
in the dmcnews folder! Just me being picky I guess :-)

The big difference between the DML and our list is that it's much much
bigger - 1000+ names on it - and the members do not have the benefit of
having met most of the other members and, dare I say it, consider them
friends. Because of the small number of subscribers, even with the daft
back-and forth that goes on (of which I'm probably the worst offender & Mr
Willis a close 2nd :-) it doesn't generate an annoying amount of mail to
other members.

Some DMLers lurk on our list and have been known to sing its praises
occasionally on the DML. What was it Walt said? "I envy the friendly
banter..." or something :-) [Hi Walt!]

Martin
(looking forward to putting Lex back together and driving her back to
Reading on Sunday)
#1458 "Lex"
#4426 "Tinny"