Re: [doc] dvd part 2

Region 4 is not the same as region 2. It's nowt to do with the TV system. We can pull this "multi-region" trick because region
2 covers Japan which is NTSC so all UK players can process an NTSC signal. They just need to be "fooled" into accepting a disc
with a non-region 2 code.

Some mods only cover regions 1 and 2. Some make the player "region 0" which means "no code" which will play 95% of discs.

Chris do you have a preference for manufacturer? I have a panasonic player but if was going to buy one tomorrow, it'd be a
Pioneer. I have the whole home cinema setup though - I don't expect you need an on-board Dolby Digital decoder.

Give me a ring if you like - it'd be asier to explain on the phone.

(I have been called "the DVD doctor" at work! - I've had a player since before they were released in the UK)

Martin