Re: Bad bad bad insurance

On 06-07-2002 10:03, Chris Parnham wrote:

> Regards the garage, I think you'll find that if your D gets
> Nicked because you left it out or its "Normal" garage on that
> particular occasion, it just means you loose a bit more on the
> pay out. Ask the Question..."What happens if I leave it out of
> my garage and it gets nicked?" I think the answer may surprise you.

Having to STORE your car inside is nothing out of the ordinary.
I asked my broker what this meant and he said that I had to put the
car in a locked garage when I was not using is for an extended period.
With me the understood that this is a CAR and so it should be driven
for enjoyment. In the past year or so I have had several occasions
in which I had my car outside at my house for 4 or 5 weeks...

> Of course there's nothing to say that your "Garage" has to be
> near your house, it may bee a few streets away, and on this
> occasion you couldn't be bothered to take it back ,for the night
> or day or what ever it was!

And how about when you take your car to an event (like SCS next
week)? They can't expect you to be able to park it inside at
every single location that you visit.

Have a look at <http://www.cartainer.nl> it's in Dutch only,
but you'll get an idea on how I've got my car stored,
it's about 2 miles from my house, 5 minutes on a bike, 20 by foot.

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000