From: lawther [mailto:lawther@xxxx]
Sent: 01 July 2002 21:08
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Re: fuel starvation

Hi Chris,
I've tried to phone but it's engaged, probably you're on the net!

We exchanged messages a while ago about my fuel starvation when the tank is
less than half full (which gets progressively worse as the tank empties, and
is cured instantly I fill up). You suggested that the filter assembly may
have come loose. I've now got the whole tank off and the filter assembly is
attached and the stud is fine. The only thing I can see that may be wrong
is that the joint to the pump between the top of the pipe and the pump
intake was a bit rotten and slightly split. (The other small tube,
presumably a drain or return is also split but I guess that wouldn't
matter). Would this be enough to cause my trouble do you think?

I can chop a little off the pipe and re-connect, I think, or try to replace
the tube, though it looks like a fiddly job as the assembly won't come out
of the tank and it has to be done by someone with small and dextrous hands.
Possibly a gaenecologist.

Any thoughts, please?

Best wishes
Tony