RE..........Panel Gaps & Adjusting body panels

RE..........Panel Gaps & Adjusting body panels

Hi all,

*Panel Gaps*

On the subject of panel gaps I have found that with my car in the
winter the bonnet sits pround of the fenders and in the summer as
the temperature rises the bonnet sits in line with the fenders.
I beleive that this is either due to the fact the the rubber seals
found on the bonnet and doors go harder in the cold weather or
because areas such as the bonnet are such large peices of stainless
they expand slightly in the heat.

I spent ages adjusting my bonnet and then 6 months later it looked
wrong then what do you know along comes the summer and it is perfect
again. Weird.

*Adjusting Panels*

Stian, are you sure that you don't want to just try adjusting the
doors again, I would have thought having anouther go at the doors
would be much more appealing than adjusting the front and rear
fenders which will most probably lead to you having to adjust the
bonnet as well.

James RG