Re: Door/Roof seals.......

Hi James!
Glue could *possibly* work...the only thing that worries me is IF the
metal rail which the seal is glued to gets loose. There *could* be a
possibility that it would slide and *maybe* rub against the torsion
bars...

Speaking of glue - when I replaced my door/roof seals for the first
time (they were dryrotted and long gone), I was supposed to glue the
seals to the metal rails...I was never successful since I never found
the right glue! So I ended up buying a pair of new metal rails with
the seals already on from PJ Grady.

I don't know if my local garage screwed it up (I never noticed it),
but when my car was in for service at Wingrays (on my way to
Eurofest), Stephen and James from DMC Houston discovered that
something was wrong. Also, the seal on the driver's side made a
TERRIBLE squeaking sound when you lifted the door.

So we tried to trim the seal, and rub it with an oily substance, but
was not quite successfull. When I got home I tried to trim it
further...and the sound disappeared when there was very little seal
left. I suspect that the seals were glued on incorrectly or that my
local garage installed them the wrong way (is that really possible?)

So now I dont really know what the metal rails/door/roof seals should
look like. I would like to see some photos of the drivers and
passenger door opened where I can see how the metal rails are
attached to the door.

Also - isn't the seal suppose to form a "U" channel when viewed from
the top of the car? To transport water to the drain channel?

So, I need more advice. 3 questions remain.

What glue is recommended in glueing the seal to the metal rails?

How are the rails supposed to look when they are installed?

Are the seals suppose to form a "U" channel when viewed from the top
of the car?

Photos please...

Best wishes
Stian