Re: [doc] Questions on Red DMC for sale

In message <acspof+cln5@xxxxxxxxxxx>, jamesrguk <dmc12@xxxx>
writes

>Does anyone know any history of the Red DeLorean for sale in the
>club magazine? I have a friend who might be interested and I said I
>would check it out for him (provided it is still for sale) also is
>the chap who owns it on the list?

Gavin is an excellent bloke - I was very keen on the car myself, but
can't get the money together fast enough and he already has some
interest in it. From the pictures I've had, and the description, this is
one of the better Deloreans you'll get for the money.

>I know that it has been advertised for £8500 for a while now and has
>not sold so there is hopefully room for haggling. I think that the
>plan is to take it back to stainless so dents and dings could also
>prove a problem.

The car, from what I've been told, has no filler. However, stripping it
back would be a major undertaking. Gavin didn't seem keen on the idea of
the car being treated that way, and I can understand why - it was
painted from new. It's had a new door, thanks to a parking dent - I
believe one of the other club members got the old one.

No room for haggling, though - he's re-advertising in mainstream press
at £10,500.

>Any inside info on engine/interior condition would be useful before
>we contact the seller.

You should ask for pictures. The interior is /mint/. I think the
problems were:

One cooling fan AWOL
A/C needs charged
Gas struts need charging

Good things:

Car has had new lower arms
Car looks mint inside and out, from pics - no eyebrows, interior
perfect.
Car has nice, brake-light foglights.
Low mileage
It had, when I asked, a full original workshop manual.

Much as I'd like it, I can't afford it - but I'd have gone for it like a
shot if I had the money.

Richard, making do with 2 x Sunstar, 1 x Minichamps, 1 x Corgi, 1 x
McDonalds...
--
Richard Kilpatrick, long haired prophet of doom. |\ _,,,---,,_
Musical suicide - www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,