#2727 is running!

Hi all

Well, Rich's automatic should be running properly by the end of next
week. We fired her up today for the first time since the water pump was
done. For almost 6 months, she's been sitting in the Diesel Centre and
being worked on when either Jason or Rich and I had the time. Rich and I
reassembled what was left today, and with one hand on the distributor,
she fired up strait away!

I had to ring Paul so he could hear the result - WOW. Dave has
competition for the "loudest exhaust", and it leaves Chris Hawes'
sounding like an irritated bee (and mine sounding like a poorly tuned
beetle)..

Jason wants to spend a morning getting all the timing set up correctly
and checking for coolant leaks etc etc, then she'll be ready for a road
test! The plan is to have her running and registered in time for
Supercar Sunday, when the first Island Twin Turbo DeLorean in England
will be unlashed on the rest of the club :-)

For now, mine's coming off the road to have the fascias, seats and
binnacle done in time for Supercar...

Cheerio

Martin