Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 11:26 AM
Subject: [doc] Re-attaching the T-panel - Help!

To cut a long story short - I have tried installing the T-panel and fails everytime.

I've tried silicone under the T-panel w/weight on top of that, and have let it cured for 24hrs. It is perfectly in place between the doors, and the doors don't rub the edges etc (I use a textmarker when I take the T-panel off)

Still, after a day or two of driving, the T-panel "bounces upwards" like a bridge. Then I let the car stands still for a few days and did the procedure again. The T-panel  still pops up in the middle. I can put my hand on top of the T-panel and press it down about a cm.

It holds down in the front and the rear of the panel. Yet I can't manage to secure it properly in the middle with silicone so that it is aligned with the rooftop of the doors. The T-panel is still "over" the doors a bit, when viewed across the car. Very annoying and irritating.

Somehow the silicone doesn't work as it should, yet it is quality stuff, and as far I know the only way to re-attach a T-panel. What can be the cause? Could the T-panel be bent/distorted, or can I do anything with the old strips of adhesive/foam?

I'm just about this close to buy a completely new T-panel, but I thought I'd hear with the list of what you think can be the cause. The T-panel will simply not hold down.

Please help,
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759