FW: [DML] Clutch Slave/Master Cylinder Cross Refrence

-----Original Message-----
From: DMC Joe [mailto:dmcjoe@xxxx]
Sent: 27 April 2002 05:59
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Clutch Slave/Master Cylinder Cross Refrence

Shain,

Before I answer your question let me take this opportunity to pass on some
information concerning DeLorean crossover parts. Many of the components
supplied by outside companies were limited production items. Most of the
cars that those parts were used in are no longer around. The DeLorean has
out lasted most of the vehicles that many crossover parts were used in and
in many cases the only demand is for the DeLorean.

In other cases the number stamped on a component is misleading. In the case
of the slave cylinder the Bendix number only indicates that Bendix supplied
the core. The completed cylinder was assembled by BAP-Geon and is specified
for the Peugeot 505. When you purchase a crossover you may not receive what
you expect.

Here is an example: A DeLorean owner needs a new AC blower motor. To save a
few dollars they purchase a known crossover at their local auto parts store.
After installing the motor they find out that the motor runs backwards from
the Delorean application. They attempt to return the motor and are told
there
are no refunds on electrical parts. They later find out that they can make
the motor turn in the proper direction by modifying five wire connections
leading to the motor. Is it worth all this trouble or would you be better
off spending a few extra dollars and purchasing the specified part from your
friendly DeLorean parts supplier.

Weather you purchase your parts from us or any of the other DeLorean vendors
you
are assured of getting the correct part with technical assistance available
at your request.

Now to answer your question. You already have the Bendix number now here is
the master cylinder crossover Girling 7466269.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
"Summer Parts Sale"
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv