From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 12:22 AM
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Today the first of many

Where was the leak coming from? Front/back/side... my pump leaks slightly when cold, but soon seals back up as it warms. It

has become less and lass of a problem the more I drive it.

Martin

Paul Salsbury wrote:

> AS the subject says"today was the first of many" happy days of driving my
> Delorean.
>
> After 9 month of owning my car today I took her to work for her first run
> out in the 'wild' legally, taxed and MOT'd and didn't that feel just great!!
>
> I won't go into all the stories how people stared and crowded round each
> time I parked however I will ask a question of something that really bugged
> me.
>
> I ran the car to work 20miles, no problems there she sat for 5 hours. I then
> had to go to another stop 30 miles away, again no problems, about 20 min
> after parking I took some people out to see her, and to my horror she was
> dripping underneath (coolant) this progressively got worse until it was a
> steady stream, eventually stopping when there was none left.
> I've just left, however before leaving I topped herback up with coolant
> checked underneath, no drips and set off. I've justdriven 23 miles home
> parked up when back half an hour later ....... Guess what, NO leaks or
> drips?????
>
> Any Ideas, I have an over heat self bleeding systemon the car, the
> otterstat is fine the fans work and the coolant is being pumped around the
> system OK.
>
> Phantom leak???
>
> Cheers
> Paul
>
> www.paul.salsbury.btinternet.co.uk
>

> DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **

Access Your PC from Anywhere
Check Email & Transfer files - Free Download
http://us.click.yahoo.com/omECdA/3XkDAA/DIxGAA/HliolB/TM