From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: 21 January 2002 21:17
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Mini D-Day

Hi All,

Well, ain't the list quiet now Arkright's off on his travels?

Saturday was to have seen Steve S, me, James R G, and Rich all meet up at the DIesel Centre for some D-realted work.
Unfortunately on the friday evening on the way down, PSO's soolant bottle blew, so Steve had to cry off, which was a real

shame because James, Rich and I had a real blast! Meetingat the Windmill pub in Cranbrook, the evening started with some

sipped lager, and a burn down the road in our repective machines. Chris the landlord liked the look of the cars outside :-)

The next morning we trundled off to the garage, and the first job was to go and surprise Ben when James and I picked him and

his wife up from the station. To cut a long story short, he was smitten and spent the whole day there with our three cars.

James had his oil, air, fuel and transmission filters replaced, his final drive oil, engine oil and tranny oil changed, plus

rear brake pads and CV boot (the latter of which were matched up on the spot by a local supplier). Jason spotted another

couple of jobs here and there and did them as he went along (leaky coolant pipe etc)

Rich got all his turbo pipes back on but spent most of the day pulling James' tranny governor. Ben spent most of the day on

Rich's car, playing with door seals..... nuff said

I managed to get my new angle drive fitted - to get the old one off required a 3' wrench and a 4' extension! (and that was

after snapping an adjustable spanner!). I now have a working speedo and #1458 is counting the miles for the first time since I

got her! I also fitted the proper metal bracket, which required disconnecting the brakce caliper (after all teh effort gone

into avoiding doing this!)

Anyway, Ben's photos are here

http://www.bevelled.net/car.html

and when I get off my lazy ass, I'll put mine on the website.

Calling all those who'd like me to re-con your lock-modules! I have two to do now, and it'd be more motivation if I had a load

to do at once. Cost is two beers next time you see me (components amount to a fiver).

Anyone interested in booking another D-day?

Martin

PS #1458 now sitting cosily in the warehouse at work. Gotsome looks driving into work today :-)

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk