RE: [doc] Proud owner of PSO, back online...

Ahh, I see. So given that the system makes a kind of sucking vacuum noise when the central knob is turned, I'm guessing that the trunking needs to be reworked/reattached, so that a decent amount of air comes out of the vents.I will take some time tonight to have a good look up behind the dashboard, and see how the trunking has been routed on my car, and if I can see any obvious problems. Keep in mind, on my car its not a case of the system not being very good, it just doesn't work at all, not even a breath of air comes from any of the vents.
-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: 09 January 2002 10:25
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Proud owner of PSO, back online...

I'll say it again, the flaps are vacuum operated - there aren't any motors! It sounds like the vacuum is present anyway. I don't know how this system works yet, but I know my feet get cold air when my face gets hot air so I'll be having a look at mine soon.

Martin

Stephen Strelczak wrote:

 When I turn the switch, I can hear the vacuum sound, as each function is selected, but there is no "thunk" sound, so I think perhaps that the flaps are not working inside, perhaps this is the problem, and not the trunking coming loose. Do you know howthe motor that controls the flaps is connected, which circuit is it on? wouldn't be on one of the circuits that Dave disconected would it?    In any case, I'm going to take the heating/cooling system very seriously, meaning, if I have to create new trunking, so that the system works efficiently on my right hander, I'lldo that. I really need to have a car that can properly defrost, warm me upwhen the car is cold, and keep me cool in summer. With a blower that strong, there is no reason why the heating/cooling system can not be as efficient or powerful as most modern cars. As you can tell, this is a priority for me.                    regards, Stephen.

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk